Learn more about Image Reborn recently documented on KSL news. WATCH NOW
Image Reborn Foundation’s mission is to provide no-cost healing retreats to women diagnosed with breast cancer and to assist them in living rich and fulfilling lives.
Weekend long retreats are held in luxury accommodations most often in the beautiful, peaceful mountain setting of Park City, Utah. Typically retreats host 6-8 attendees and all meals, services and accommodations are covered. Survivors may attend at any time during their cancer journey and are invited to attend up to once per calendar year. Space is limited, advanced registration is required and we do collect a fully refundable deposit to hold each attendee’s space.
Why we do what we do.
We were founded in 1998 by Dr. Renato Saltz, a plastic surgeon who recognized that there is a need to emotionally heal and rebuild after cancer, and although women receive tremendous medical care throughout their cancer journey, their complex emotional needs often are unaddressed. Currently, there is an increased awareness of this gap in care and more cancer providers are exploring ways to integrate emotional support into their care plans as it is essential to the healing and overall wellbeing of all cancer patients.
Image Reborn’s renewal retreat program is designed and facilitated by a professional staff with experience in addressing the special concerns of women with breast cancer. Every retreat is focused on providing support and renewal in an informal setting, including specific retreats throughout the year to hold space for Stage IV, Hispanic, Young, and Adventure-seeking women. Our program is built around the following key components that address the emotional healing needed after the devastating impact a breast cancer diagnosis and medical treatment can have on women:
- Medical – women have the opportunity to ask tough questions and get candid answers from experts in various fields of oncology
- Emotional – PTSD, trauma, anxiety and fear can continue to plague survivors if they are not addressed. We offer ways to connect with tools and tips for how to manage emotional distress
- Mindfulness – Incorporating mindfulness allows for wholehearted living
- Physical Activity – options for physical activities will be offered and are geared towards all levels and abilities; exercise is one of the only non-medical healing alternatives that has been recognized to reduce re-occurrence of cancer.
- Renewal – we give plenty of relaxation and downtime throughout the weekend to allow women time to reflect and receive well-deserved treatments to alleviate physical pain.