FREE* WEEKEND RENEWAL RETREATS IN PARK CITY & ONE-DAY RETREATS IN SALT LAKE CITY
Upcoming Retreats – 2018
- February 9-11 – Stage IV Retreat / Park City, UT
- March 9-11 – General Retreat / TBD
- April 20-22 – General Retreat / Deer Valley, UT
- May 4-6 – Mothers with Young Children Retreat / Park City, UT
- June 1-3 – General Retreat / Park City, UT
- June 8-10 – Hispanic Retreat / TBD
- September 7-9 – Hispanic Retreat / TBD
**If your date of choice is FULL, please email Ally at email@example.com to be added to our waiting list. We occasionally do have cancellations.
General Information About Retreats
Registration is available on a first come, first served basis through the Image Reborn website and is available to any woman that has been diagnosed with breast cancer (one time per person please). Schedule subject to change. Space is limited, so a completely refundable deposit is required to hold your space and secure meals, spa treatments, etc.
Retreats are customized to the needs of those attending, and may include the following:
- Discussion Groups: Rediscover a sense of personal power through shared experiences, kindling courage and understanding.
- Education: Visit with breast cancer experts in an informal setting.
- Nutrition: Custom meals and nutrition education to promote a positive and delicious approach to food.
- Exercise: Gentle movement and stretching through yoga. Outdoor opportunities such as nature hikes and snowshoeing may also be available.
- Stress Reduction: Instruction on Meditation and Journaling is provided with tips on how to utilize these tools as stress reduction and coping strategies.
- Pampering: May include light professional massage for relaxation and/or facials for pampering.
- Rejuvenation Time: Private time to allow for rest, contemplation, art projects, or whatever each individual desires.
*The Retreats are completely FREE, but do require a 100% refundable deposit of $100 to hold your place. You are only charged if you register, but do not attend. If you register and attend, you are not charged the $100 deposit.
Image Reborn’s renewal retreat program is designed and facilitated by a highly professional staff with backgrounds and experience in addressing the special concerns of women with breast cancer.
The weekend retreats are conducted each month in the beautiful, peaceful mountain setting of Park City, Utah. Typically, 6-8 guests can be accommodated at one time. One-day retreats are also held several times throughout the year in downtown Salt Lake City with easy access to public transportation.
The Program may include:
- Small Group Discussions: This provides the opportunity for participants to share experiences, kindling courage and understanding, allowing participants to rediscover a sense of personal power and draw from others strength and experiences.
- Education: Opportunity to visit in a small group setting with healthcare professionals regarding treatment, physical therapy, reconstruction and other concerns.
- Nutrition: a positive and delicious approach to food.
- Exercise: gentle movement and stretching specifically designed for women with breast cancer.
- Journaling: instruction on how to utilize journaling to enhance life and reduce stress.
- Spa Treatments: Light professional massage therapy and/or facials for relaxation and pampering.
- Rejuvenation Time: time to allow for rest, contemplation, or whatever each individual desires.
Travel expenses holding you back? No problem! Apply for a travel scholorship
Registration is first come, first served for any woman that has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and requires a $100 refundable deposit to hold your space.There is no charge for participation including your accommodations, activities and meals.
Once you have completed the registration process including your deposit, a confirmation letter and agenda will be forwarded to you along with a questionnaire so that we can get to know you a little better. We will make our best effort to accommodate any special dietary or activity restrictions you may have.
We understand that due to treatment, there are times when confirmed attendees are not feeling up to attending. Please notify us at your earliest opportunity (at least 48 in advance for medical reasons, and at least 1 week for non-emergency reasons) so that another woman can benefit from this experience and your deposit will be refunded. Retreat space is limited, which means we are only able to accommodate participants once. Refunds will be issued immediately following your arrival at the retreat.
Register for a 2017 Retreat online now, or if you would prefer to provide a deposit check rather than a credit card, please mail your $100 check to:
Image Reborn Foundation
5445 S. Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
Clearly mark your Name, Deposit and the Retreat Month on the Check and it will not be deposited.
Sample Retreat Schedule
- 5:00-5:30pm Meet and greet everyone, settle in to rooms
- 5:30pm Story Telling
- 6:30pm Dinner Served – Chef Otto Blum
- 8:00pm Meditative journaling – Katrina Kirkland-Cornia
- This eve ning is for relaxation, story telling and getting to know each other
- 8:00 – 9:00am Breakfast
- 9:30 – 11:00am Health Consultation – Sinead
- 11:00 – 3:00pm Massages, facials, acupuncture
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 3:30 – 5:30pm Look Good Feel Better – American Cancer Society
- 6:30pm Dinner
- 8:00pm Free time
- 8:00 – 9:30am Breakfast
- 9:30 – 11:00am Packing up, getting ready
- 11:00am Photos
- Noon Snacks-to-go and Goodbyes